Spring is in the air; days are getting sunnier, are you thinking of showing off some more leg and putting on a skirt? Well, the skirt is definitely on trend for SS22. What will it be; a pencil skirt, pleated skirt or maybe even a micro mini?
Luckily there is a right skirt for every girl or every shape I should say, but unfortunately not all skirts are flattering for all shapes. In my opinion skirts should also come with a warning as the wrong skirt can instantly make you look bigger than you are.
There are some key things you need to consider:
- How short should you go? A general rule of thumb is the slimmer the legs, the shorter the hemline.
- Should you go A-line or pencil? If you’re top-heavy go Aline, if you’ve got a balanced frame wear a pencil skirt.
- If you’ve got a defined waist, show it off with a high waistband.
- If you’ve got a larger bottom half, wear a low-slung waistband.
- If you’ve got hips and a tummy stay away from pleats!
The style of skirt can make or break your outfit. Too many pleats or too much fuss will add volume to your hips, which isn’t always needed, and belts will only add weight on to your tummy if you haven’t got a defined waist, all whilst making you look bigger than you are. Let’s not forget about the fabrics, do you need structure to hold you in or do you need volume to balance out your frame?
Who would have thought wearing a skirt would be so complicated. Luckily all my Style ME stylists have been trained to know what your flattering styles are, and the exact way to style your skirt; day or night, season to season. As always it has nothing to do with your age or your size, so if you’re unsure on what style will suit you, why not book a Personal shopping session?