It’s wedding season! Just because guestlists have been reduced to no more than 30 people it doesn’t make a wedding any less special or less important, and two people who will be beaming with pride on the day will of course be the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom.
But what to wear? The bride surely won’t be dressing down because of a smaller guestlist so neither should the bridal party. The problem is everything has probably been left last minute what with Covid rules constantly changing. It’s no surprise then that mothers of the groom have been booking our services last minute to help with the pressure of finding the right outfit.
Yes, there’s the usual etiquette:
- Don’t wear black or white.
- Don’t match the bridesmaids.
- Let the mother of the bride choose her colour and style first.
But wait, that’s no reason to feel like you’re at the bottom of the list. This is your moment too, your son is getting married and you too should look and feel amazing, not only for the day but for all those lovely photos you’ll be showing friends and family in the months and years to come.
What happens though when your favourite colours have been taken up by the bridesmaid or the mother of the bride? This is when you get your colours done!
We at Style ME will:
- Show you all of your most flattering colours; colours you may never had considered before, colours that will bring out your features and give you a radiant complexion.
- Teach you how to colour block, as in how to mix and match your colours, prints and accessories.
- Tell you whether you have a warm or cool undertone, (especially important information to give to the make-up artist on the day) or when choosing whether to wear your gold or silver jewellery.
One thing’s for sure, we’ll take the stress out of choosing an outfit and bring in the fun! As a promise if you wear a colour that no one has seen you in before, you will shine even brighter and the compliments will keep on coming!