Yes, the time is near, April 12th we’re allowed out! What will you be doing? Catching up with friends, going to a beer garden, having a picnic? Are you excited? What are you going to wear? Jeans and a nice top? Heels or flats? One thing’s for certain, never has your outerwear been more important. In pre-covid days if you went to a pub garden and it started to rain you would go inside and find a nice dry spot but now seeing as we’re only allowed outside if it rains we have to stay out!
Let’s not forget the month we’re in too, April! April means April showers and we’re not exactly guaranteed hot weather everyday so there’s a very good chance your jacket will be remaining on you whilst you’re out, so it’s important you integrate it into your come out of lockdown look!
Now’s the perfect time to dig out your trench coat from the back of the cupboard or invest in a new one. Trench coats are considered as an investment piece, styles don’t change each year so your trench coat should be in your Capsule Wardrobe for a long time. Here are 5 key rules to follow when choosing one that’s perfect for you:
- Choose the right colour – Find out what your flattering base colours are via a Colour Analysis session and select from one of them. I love Khaki for Autumn’s, Charcoal Grey for Winters, Light Camel for Springs and Navy for Summer’s.
- If you have a larger bust don’t be tempted with a classic double-breasted silhouette, it will only squash your boobs.
- If you have no bust, have fun with the neckline, do a funnel neck or double breasted fit, layer up with a pashmina or scarf.
- If you have a well-defined waist, emphasis it by firmly belting your trench.
- If you have no waist or more weight around your tummy, avoid looking bulky and keep it open, don’t belt it!
There are so many lovely trenches out at the moment, to suit every budget, don’t hesitate to get in touch if you need help buying one, remember it’s an investment piece so you have to get it right…
See you outside!